Individually handmade cookies
We have been making cookies and Café Bars in our small bakery in the beautiful countryside outside the market town of Dunmanway – “The Friendly Heart of West Cork” – since 2003. We started making our cookies by hand through necessity, then realised how much better they were made that way, rather than on a machine.
So we’ve carried on, making the doughs in small batches, portioning and shaping the cookies by hand, then baking them in a traditional oven, and because every cookie we produce is individually hand-made no two ever look exactly alike; because we use the best ingredients we can find, they are all equally delicious.
Only the finest, locally sourced ingredients
- The unsalted West Cork butter (the best there is, in our opinion) in all our cookies means they melt in the mouth.
- The fresh free-range eggs we use exclusively in our products come from a small farm near Clonakilty in West Cork.
- Most of the flour, oats and other ingredients used in our range are Irish.
- Added to these ingredients are Belgian chocolate, fine nuts and dried fruits, natural Bourbon vanilla, Irish organic cream and milk and our own spring water, plus the talents of our craft bakers.
- We never, ever use artificial flavours or colours; preservatives or stabilisers; emulsifiers or hydrogenated fats in any of our cookies.